Wednesday, December 22, 2010

It's time to REWORK !

A couple of weeks ago, while I was talking to my colleague Gourav in his team room, a book lying on his desk caught my eye. The front cover image of a crumpled paper and the title of the book - REWORK - sounded interesting to me. I asked my friend whether I could borrow that book for some days from him and as expected, he happily agreed :-)
Thanks Gourav for this beautiful book !

The book has been written by Jason Fried and David Hansson, the founders of 37signals. (the authors say the book is a by-product :-)



You can read through any chapter of this book and you will feel like - yes, this is how it should be ... The authors speak the truth as it emerges from their practical and sound business experience. As the book review says, you do not need to be a workaholic, you do not need to staff up, you do not need to waste time on paperwork or meetings, etc. ... Those are all just excuses. What you really need to do is stop talking and start working.

The authors touch various aspects in running a successful business such as productivity, progress, competitors, promotion, hiring, damage control, culture, etc. They conclude the book with a chapter - 'Inspiration is perishable.' I am tempted to share some part of this chapter as I liked it the most.

"We all have ideas. Ideas are immortal. They last forever.

What doesn't last forever is inspiration. Inspiration is like fresh fruit or milk. It has an expiration date.

If you want to do something, you've got to do it now. You can't put it on a shelf and wait two months to get around to it. You can't just say you'll do it later. Later, you won't be pumped up about it anymore.

Inspiration is a magical thing, a productivity multiplier, a motivator. But it won't wait for you. Inspiration is a now thing. If it grabs you, grab it right back and put it to work."


Hmm ... worth reading this book my friends !
Ohh ... have you already started googling around this book name ? ... That's what I anticipate from whoever has not read this book before :-)

Enjoy reading ...

1 comment:

  1. Now or never!!! rightly attributed. This book has many thoughts and so much energy. It is really a gem. By the way, it is not mine book either, I borrowed from someone :)

    ReplyDelete